3 on 2 Fullcourt Continuous
|Drill||3 on 2 Fullcourt Continous|
|Drill Nickname||UCLA Drill|
|Central focus of the drill||Transition|
|Number of players required||11|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||Middle School, High School, College or Above|
This is a 3 on 2 continuous drill that emphasizes being able to score in 1 or 2 passes in transition. The drill begins with the following:
- Four outlet lines, two on each side, at the side hash mark.
- Two players on defense at each basket.
- Three players at the half court line start with the ball and attack a side.
- We only allow one shot, this is optional.
- Rebounder (Offense and defensive rebound alike) outlets to the nearest line and fills the running lane.
- 2 of the remaining 4 players remain to play defense, the other two fill open outlet line spots.
- Outlet man attacks the middle or advances the ball to the opposite wing if possible.
- Communication on who will take ball and who will take first pass.
- Avoid giving up the easy layup.
- Score within 1 or 2 passes, after that the defense would have gotten back.
- Center man after making a pass to the wing needs to read that if the defense drops they are wide open for a jump shot.
- Advance the ball as quickly as possible.
- Attack the rim if the defense does not stop the ball.
- Keeping spacing to keep the advantage on the defense.