Double Curl off Staggered Screen
|Name of Play||Double Curl off Staggered Screen|
|Nickname of Play||OSU 1|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Baseline Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||Middle School, High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||2-3 Zone|
- O5, O3, and O2 in a diagonal line as displayed above, with O2 just above the elbow.
- O1 sets just below the foul line.
- O5 should screen any defender guarding past the basket line on the strong side above the block, in this case D1.
- O3 should screen the outermost defender, in the above example D2.
- O2 should curl around the stagger screen and continue through the baseline attempting to draw the attention of the base defense.
- O1 should follow O2 several steps behind and has a read option to look for a shot in the corner if the defense collapses on O2, or to continue through into the interior.
- After O1 and O2 run through if the ball has not been inbounded, the two screeners should fade to the perimeter.