Double Option with Baseline Cut
|Name of Play||Double Option with Baseline Cut|
|Nickname of Play||N/A|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Offensive Set Play|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
- O1 brings the ball over half court.
- O3, O4, and O5 set up in a triangle formation just below the perimeter, with O3 shaded slightly back.
- O2 should start just in front of the basket.
- O4 and O5 will set screens just around the foul line and few feet outside the paint.
- O2 must make an option read based on where the defender is playing them and which screen (O4 or O5; O5 displayed above) they can utilize most effectively.
- O3 will make a baseline cut immediately on the catch by O2.
- O4 or O5 should re-screen and utilize the screen and roll.
- Jump shot off the screen.
- O3 on the baseline cut.
- Dribble Penetration/Screen and roll with the utilized screen re-screening.
- Swing the ball back to O1 for a look inside or entry into motion.