Dribble Handoff to Weak Side Backdoor
|Name of Play||Dribble Handoff to Weak Side Backdoor|
|Nickname of Play||N/A|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Baseline Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
- O1 takes the ball out.
- O2 and O3 set up in a stack at the strong side elbow.
- O4 sets up at the weak side block.
- O5 sets up at the weak side elbow even with O3.
- O5 begins by taking a strong jab step at the interior defense attempting to draw their attention.
- O2 and O3 then split, with O3 heading into the paint and O2 popping to the short corner/wing area to get the inbound.
- O1 will immediately run off O2 to take a dribble handoff, pushing the ball up the perimiter to just above the elbow.
- O3 will go to the strong side and read a curl or fade off a screen by O2.
- O4 should step into the paint and set a screen on the closest defender on the weak side.
- O5 will use the screen by O4 to angle a weak side cut at the basket for a layup/alleyoop.
- O1 hits either option if open.