Foul Line Stack to Two Post and PG Option
|Name of Play||Foul Line Stack to Two Post and PG Option|
|Nickname of Play||Corner Stack|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Corner Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Any|
- X3 and X4 are most often post players setting up at the ball side elbow and 2 feet down foul line extended on the strong side.
- X2 and X1 should be center of the foul line and weak side elbow, with X1 being your smartest player or ball handler.
- X3 and X4 will start the play at approximately the same time.
- X3 will do a short curl into the paint and attempt to post up on the strong side block.
- X4 will use a quick screen from X2, then cut down to the weak side block or weak side short corner. Often times X3 will attract the basket defense allowing an over the top pass to X4 for a quick jump shot or layup.
- X2, after setting the quick screen for X4, will move on to screen underneath on any guard on the perimiter that could step to close out on X1 if the player decides to come to the basketball.
- X2 should then seal off the man he screens and come back to the basketball.
- X1 makes a read to either use the lane down the middle of the court to go get the basketball, or to go long into the backcourt as a safety.