Rebound War plus Transition
|Drill||Rebound War (+Possession)|
|Central focus of the drill||Rebounding|
|Number of players required||6|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
Execution of Base Drill
- Coach shoots the ball
- X1X2X3 must sprint and box out O1O2O3,
- After the rebound - Play 3X3 (or 4X4, 5X5 if you adjust the drill) on the other basket.
- If the Offense gets an Offensive Rebound they should play til a score or defensive rebound.
- Then communicate and adjust off the score/rebound quickly into your transition defense.
Base Drill + Rotation/Modifiers
- Have players rotate to different spots .. inside/outside paint.
- Assign each rebounder a number - then make a pass to a offensive player for a shot attempt. Call a number that must box out the shooter - others must adjust.
- Make players box out across the basket line.
Continue to play the extra possession going the other way.