SDSU 4 Out 1 In Entry
|Name of Play||SDSU 4 Out 1 In Entry|
|Nickname of Play||SDSU "4"|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Offensive Set Play|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
This is the SDSU intro into a 4 Out 1 In set. They generally like to start a lot of their offense with a dual screen look from their 4 and 5 at the top of the key with their wings in the corner. This play allows them to get some down screen motion going and convert into the 4 out 1 in look and ending up with a Post isolation on the low block for O5.
- O5 starts above the foul line.
- O2 and O3 start in the corners.
- O4 starts in the paint and looks for the play side and moves to that block.
- O5 picks a side to set a ball screen for O1 who has just brought the ball over half court.
- O5 then continues forward to set a screen for the wing in the weak side corner who comes to the basketball.
- Next O5 sets the down screen for O4 who curls up to the wing area. Ideally the ball has been swung from O1 to O2 to O4.
- After setting the screen O5 should try to seal for a look at a low post feed.