SDSU Weaving Back Screens
|Name of Play||SDSU Weaving Back Screen|
|Nickname of Play||SDSU "2"|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Offensive Set Play|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Any|
- O4 and O5 just above the three point line looking to seal their defender off behind them.
- O1 bringing the ball over half court.
- O2 and O3 in the corners.
- O1 looks to pass to either O4 or O5 above the key - the person the pass is made to designates the play side.
- The player who does not receive the pass (in this case O4) should screen away for the wing on their side of the court , O2.
- O5 after receiving the pass will dribble at the opposite side and give O4 the ball on a dribble hand-off.
- O1 after making the initial pass will make a weave which is passing and then cutting behind O5 to set a back screen for O4 who was the man who initially screened away.
Ideally O2 should be able to hit O4 coming off the back screen but if not O4 can continue through to set another back screen for O3 in the corner.