Screen Read Option to get shot for Baseline Inbounder
|Name of Play||Screen Read Option for Baseline Inbounder|
|Nickname of Play||Read|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Baseline Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||High School, College or Above|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
This play is run out of a 4 Low baseline set.
Put your best shooter in a position to score by having them inbound the ball and letting them read how the defender is playing them. In this play we allow the inbounder to make a read.
- Strong side block - usually a post player, will pop up to the elbow to receieve the ball.
- Strong side corner sets a screen for the inbounder for Option 1 which is a pop out for a 3 point shot in the corner.
- Weak side block takes a few steps back, then screens in the middle of the paint for the inbounder as the first player in a staggered screen.
- Weak side corner should head up to the weak side elbow, then set a screen as the second person in the staggered screen.
- Option 2 is if the inbounder reads the defender playing straight on or slightly to the outside, to utilize the staggered screen in the paint to make a curl cut off the screen to get a jump shot near the top of the key.