UNC Two Wing Inbound to Top of Key Shot
|Name of Play||UNC Two Wing Inbound to Top of Key Shot|
|Nickname of Play||UNC 3|
|Is the play situational?||No|
|Type of Play||Corner Inbound|
|Most appropriate age range(s)||All|
|Best used against||Man to Man|
This play can be adjusted easily to run from the corner, sideline, or baseline.
- O2 or the intended shooter should start on the weak side wing.
- A quality screener O5 should start on the strong side wing.
- Shooter or ball handlers O3 and O1 start in a stack at the top of the key.
- O5 should screen away for shooter O3 who comes to the wing looking for an open shot if available. O5 should seal and make a flash to the basket looking for a defensive breakdown, offensive rebound, or post feed.
- O1 sets a screen away for O2 (emphasis on screening the defender not the spot).
- Ideally the ball is entered to O3 for a quick reversal to O2 for the open shot at the top of the key.